美文欣赏:路坑与酸酸糖(双语)
Oh where to begin...
从何说起呢……
life can be a thorn in your side
生活可能化作你侧肋上的一根刺
(or in my case, a nail)
在我这个故事中,是一根钉子
leaving you feeling defeated
让你感到挫败
and full of self doubt and disappointment.
让你满心自我怀疑,悲观失望
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
不是只有你才会这样!
But you need to know one thing
但你要知道一件事
-the only way to make lemonade out of those nasty molded lemons life throws your way,
生活朝你扔来苦涩的柠檬,你可以把它们变成甘甜的柠檬汁,唯一的办法
is to change your attitude about it all.
就是改变你对这一切的态度
You see,
你明白了吗
it’s not necessarily about the situation you find yourself in,
最重要的并不一定是你所身处的处境
but the way you respond to it.
而是你应对它的态度
Let me explain...
让我解释一下
Do not expect to be treated fairly in this life.
请不要奢望生活会对你公允
My 43 years have taught me that.
我43年的人生阅历教会了我这一点
Just get over it now.
放下过去就好
If you start each day acknowledging the fact that
如果你在每一天刚开始的时候都能意识到一个事实
you will more than likely hit a "pothole" or two,
即,你很可能会踩入一个,甚至两个泥坑
then you are already a step ahead.
那么,你已经朝未来迈进了一大步
But here is where it gets tricky...
但是,至此,事情也变得复杂起来
When you are cruising along
如果你只是在生活之路上信马由缰
and catching every green light in life
每个生活的岔路口都会遇到绿灯
with no traffic around
周围也没有其他车辆阻碍交通
and everyone is following the rules
每个人都在按规矩行事
and all is good,
一切都十分美好
out of nowhere one of those proverbial potholes makes it’s presence
直到传说中的一个路坑没来由的突然出现,
known in the form of a flat tire.
看到被扎破的轮胎你才知道发生了什么
Now, you are allowed to be upset
现在,生活允许你情绪低沉
and maybe a bit scared or worried,
或许还有些害怕或者担心
but don’t live there.
不要沉湎于此
Pack up your bags and move on.
收拾好行装,继续上路
May your response be "I won’t let this slow me down."
希望你对这件事的反应是,“我不会让这件事放慢我前进的速度”
Choose to see it as a life lesson...
你可以选择将它视为生活给你的一个教训
hitting the pothole made you aware that
踩进路坑会让你明白
all 4 tires were dangerously bald
生活之路上载你前行的四个轮胎都状态极差,情况危急
需要加入英语学习交流群的请扫微信
或微信搜索jiemingpan
版权声明:
作者:9144590
链接:https://www.17en.com/meiwen/1204
来源:一起学英语网
文章版权归作者所有,本站仅提供上传空间。